Hi! My name is Fiammetta, I am Italian, from Rome, 38 yo. I just registered on Woof because I am starting a gap period from work.
On November I will go to Brazil and, if everything goes how it should I will be working 2 months there and 2 others in Argentinian Patagonia, in two different ranches. Then I will start moving toward the north: for the time being the idea is to move along the Andes between Argentina and Chile and then cross Bolivia, Perù, maybe Ecuador and come back to Brazil. Nothing of this second part is organised: I would love to touch some points I would like to visit, but I don't want to be a tourist... Basically I will spend 4 months or something more traveling and it would be great to stop for short periods working and learn.
Please consider everything is work in progress, so if you are interested in any help from me, just propose! And we will see.. :-)
But.... How could I help you?
- I am a good horse rider (and I will improve in the first 4 months in South America!!) and I love animals in general
- I am graduated in mathematics and it would be great if I can help somewhere with my formal education...a little dream would be for me learning to teach mathematics in a artistic way! I already have 'serious teaching' experience
- I am a very good-still not professional- photographer
- I run for years a B&B in Rome, so I am skilled and used with guests
- I worked for 2 months in Vietnam for an NGO (making different stuff..from distributing food to write manuals)
- I am a good writer (but yes, this is true in Italian)
- I speak Italian, good English, basic French and Spanish (but it will be better!!)
- I have car and motorbike licenses
- I am an experienced traveler (in couple, with friends, solo..no matter how, I am curious about nature, cultures and people)
- I am quite skilled with computers
For all the rest I can make the following soft skills available: I am a good worker, I love staying outside, getting my hands dirty; I am highly reliable; I am quite strong and fitted; I am open minded, especially now that I am changing my life completely from office working (I worked 9 years for the European Space Agency); I am curious, I love adventure and I don't need so much comfort; I eat everything (but snails and similar stuff); I am both a strongly rational and strongly artistic person; I am quite sensitive, but I know when it is needed to be concrete; I have a form of spirituality that is very personal, I don't follow any religion and I can just say that I am very tolerant.
I would add that the only thing l really cannot suffer is the close minded people and the extremism of any kind, especially the ones that impact the other people's life.
Be sure I can be a great help for many stuffs, just propose and challenge me.